Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Jonathan Ive - Apple's intelligent designer



 On a similar topic to the previous post, science has never really been one of my passions and if I'm honest, I don't tend to appreciate or take into account the genius and masterminding that is behind all the 'gadgets' or 'mod-cons' we use today. 
Jonathan Ive is the technical genius behind all of those "products we clutch in our hands and stuff in our ears" and it is his obsessive approach to "the craft of design" that has made me want to draw your attention to this small article about him as he has been ranked at No5 in the top 100 scientists worldwide. 
As I have said before, I struggle to become excited about the discovery of a new planet, formula or cells, but in this case, we all know what a huge step forward in design, science and engineering the Apple range has become, and just to hear a few words from the senior vice-president who eats, sleeps and breathes design, I thought was something worth sharing; he has created a new breed of electrical device, none of his creations have screws, fans or joints and have completely changed the way we live.

"When something exeeds your ability to understand how it works, it sort of becomes magical."
Jonathan Ive talking about the iPad





No comments:

Post a Comment