Wednesday, September 1, 2010

S/S Advertising Campaigns

So as we are now well into the A/W advertising campaigns, I thought I'd take just a moment to share with you some of my favourite spreads from S/S '10.
I know that when your flicking through magazines you always have one or two campaigns which stick in your mind, but you may only realise this when you come across them again...if you don't feel like this then I'm sorry as this post may waste your time, but for those of you who are prone to ripping these beauties out and creating a mini shrine then I hope you approve of my choices below.
Would love to hear about, or see some of your most memorable campaigns...



Alena Akhmadullina - St Petersburg
The movement in this picture is stunning, the way the dress and body float even with such a distinct pose. The light and colours here illuminate, for me, a strong side to femininity.




Celine
I am in love with the tailoring of this brand and I think that the sophisticated simplicity which oozes from all their collections is reflected so well in this spread. Similarly to Marc Jacobs advertising campaign which included the faces of Vicotria Beckham and Vivienne Westwood representing his line using only one polaroid image, Celine seems to have taken this visual and adapted it to their brand, telling an honest story about how they only need to show the clothes, they don't need tricks and beautiful faces to emphasise them as the fresh cuts and clean lines do this all by themselves.




Hermes
The colours in this photograph are a perfect clashing mass of gorgeousness; of course everyone knows how high up a girls list a Hermes Scarf is, and the sense of luxury that screams at you from this photo is undeniable. I just think that this collision between the scarves' vibrant colours and patterns and the peacefull tranquility of everything else is glorious to look at.





Tom Ford
I'm sure you all know this one, personally I'd prefer Tom Ford himself as he is the most beautiful man that ever lived, but still, you cant fault his unique approach to sexy sophisitication....just wow.




Wrangler
I love the 'drama' in this spread; the excitment of the image alongside the bold statement create a sense of fierce power, labelling their clients as fearless and unstopable. I was really struck by how Wrangler told you how to look at them, how to categorise them and which mood you should be in or personality you should have to pick them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment